Tuesday, September 16, 2008

O'leary is left with a dead guy and it's not right.

O’Leary is dead,
 and O’Riley don’t know it.
 O’Riley is dead,
 and O’Leary don’t know it.
 They both are dead 
in the very same bed,

and neither one knows
 that the other one’s dead
. Ba-rooom, Ba-rooom!

~Some rhyme I heard as a kid that stuck with me

What is right and what is wrong are difficult for many to decide. Just as figuring right from left.
Upon first learning to write, I was told that lowercase b faced right, so the only right answer left for d was to make it face left. Now dexter starts with “d,” so it can be tricky to remember in terms of direction. But if left is sinister, then I guess it’s not right.
When I was four, I did not know it was wrong to write left to right (or right to left for that matter) on the living room wall. Left to my own devices I continued to scrawl, but right when my father came home I discovered it was wrong.

No comments: