Saturday, April 19, 2008

kid's poetry workshop

operating is scary. especially
people who do it.
quiet happens when they w-
rong a mistake.
so on the tear comes down
twenty million people die the same day
u.s. people cry
violence happens
which is why they are people in hospitals
x-rays are used the most
yesterday a person died
zero temperatures fly.

(Junior)

*****

It's inside your
body. It beats
fast! It makes
me happy. It
is in my
eyes when
I see a boy
I love so much.

(Mercedes)

*****

What if?

What if the sky was green
and the grass was blue.
What if I wear you and
you wear me. If
water were fire, if
we wear all each
other what would
happen?

?

(Juan)

*****

Colors

I like colors
How about you
Colors here
Colors there
I see colors Everywhere
Colors up high
Colors real low
I even see colors
When it snows
Colors are everywhere
I just want you to
Know

(Kiwona)

*****

Talented
Intelligent
Truthful
Angle

(Anonymous)

*****

Allen is a humpty dumpty
Burping is rude
Cans are made for people
Dinosaurs are dead
Elephants stink
Fast facts in science
Google is a website
Howling is what wolves do
Invisible people
Johnny is a good football player
Kidding, it's a joke
Low is a song from Flo-Rida
Man, you are wierd
Nathaniel is cool.

(Nathaniel)

*****

Babies cry a lot
elephants are huge
Babies poop a lot
O owl hoot

*****

Opinions are different than facts, so we
Put them in different paragraphs or
Questions--maybe sentences.
Right or wrong, so I think it doesn't matter.
Sometimes I care sometimes I
Think it's crazy but I just go with it to make myself happy.

Umbrellas make me think of opinions.
Violence makes me think of facts because I don't like to play because they're boring.
Worst of all I sometimes think the wrong thing.
Xylophones make me think of facts because a fact about xylophone is brown.
Yellow also makes me think of fact because you can see yellow, but that is always going to be yellow.
Zebras make me think of facts and opinions because they have black stripes and I think they are cute.

(Tiffany O)

*****
My school's sun is
so super. It's a safe
solar system. It also has
a star. It's a little bit
scary. I speak in a snap
voice about snacks to them.

I never ever saw blue did you?
But I have seen green.
I'll never forget when I met green.
I saw it on my floor and my door.
Then someone said, " I don't care
I just want to know where." I said,
"Oh, but I will say no."

(Patrice)

*****
I hop at home
My heart is happy.
I said hello to my girlfriend
I have a new hat.
I like to hide.

*****
Ants are strong
Giraffes are long
Bugs are big and small
Dogs are cute and small
Cats have different colored fur
Kittens are very playful
Elephants are smart
Frogs are slimy and green
Hamsters are cute and fluffy
Iguanas have scaly skin
Jaguars are very fast
Lions are furious and large
Mokeys are ugly and stupid
And scratch their butts all of the time.

(Evalissia)
*****

Apples are good
Hearts are colored pink
Butterflies are colorful
Cats are hairy
Donuts are round
Jeffrey like donut
Elephants are fat
Mice are mini
Fruits have rainbow color
Ghost are invisible
Igloo are cold and cool
Nests are for birds
Kites have design
Lions are large

(Johnny)

*****

No comments: