Saturday, March 1, 2008

For what we lose in sleep

Last night I lost my papa to old age
He lost with age his mind
Putting all to rest
Holding everything inside
strength within his chest

This time by storm I nearly lost my bicycles
Dipping and bowing to let the water in
My ship was almost full
Tipping over by the force sloshing back and forth
Nature had her way with them selecting her own course

Without the land they had not a leg to stand
Though miles before they easily overcame the shore

I grasp at bars rails knobs to no avail
No power in my grip no sail in my command

Only can I watch quietly through a lens
On the way to visit a friend
His home with walls for entrances
Lacking just one place to port

We often hear this question
For what are we fighting
For whom
Why more?

All my dreams
They tell me
All the things I have in life
They say I will lose too

Just a harsh reminder that I go on without you
Through all trials of love & loss—
One couple inseparable
Evidence of everything
All is half of half

At times we cannot conceive the hardest
For if you have everything to harvest
Materials and experience are seamless
When all is lost at once

No comments: